Forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: Me Made a Map  (Read 17478 times)
Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Hell, It's about time. Small | Large

---------------------------

Rocketman

Alternative jumps on jump_4starters_a9

Hey you might wanna fix some of these jumps, ESPECIALLY the first jump (the spam crouch glitch). atm speedrunning course B is retarded since it just boils down to getting that luck-based shortcut.

Maggot

damn it, ctapping is so stupidly retarded for making maps - not gonna fix ctap-cheats i think

i took most of the: shoot the walls instead of the ramps - things out (nogrenade), no idea if i fixed all of em, but most aren't faster than the normal way anyways

the fast climb on b-3 i wont fix, as its a lot harder to do, than the normal way of doing the jump - at least for the people who should be jumping b, for speedruns it doesnt matter, imo
same goes for most cheats on b...

the weird glitch with the crouch in the beginning is stuuuupid... i think i fixed it, but ill check again.

problem was that that wall wasn't clipped, and just had the port i think, but i'll double check anyways

leaves the cheat with the double -> double for D6... no idea if i should fix that or not, tbh...

Thanks for the vid though :3

Rocketman

damn it, ctapping is so stupidly retarded for making maps - not gonna fix ctap-cheats i think

I don't think you really should.  That and tele-doubles are cheats the people are going to attempt no matter what.  Shouldn't really design jumps around trying to deny people cheating it, they're only cheating themselves.

Maggot

First off, this is one of my favourite maps to play.

4Starters A11, B Bonus, C Bonus + D Bonus
These are ones that I think make each jump much easier than intended (except maybe the C Bonus one)
Another one possibly worth mentioning would be A Bonus where the red floor before the end won't teleport you back if you keep jumping (unlike the floor at B3 which does teleport you.)

Doesn't matter too much I guess but A11 and D Bonus are far too easy if skipped, and B Bonus kinda defeats the purpose if you can skip one of the syncs.

Whatever though, I look forward to the new release of the map! (Just don't make two versions this time like those EU / US versions of a9 or whatever that was.)

Rocketman

lol @ D bonus

Maggot

I LOOOOOVE HOW YOU DID C AND D BONUS

on C it is actually on purpose, i didn't want the jump to only be possible in 1 way
D looks really fun to do that way ^^

B bonus i fixed a long time ago already - the issue arose when i opened the bonus area up, and made stuff visible, as i accidentally deleted a clip brush, that i shouldn't have... the only reason the fixed version is not out, is because of the timers - i don't wanna release too many new versions, as long as timers are on the map - as we'd have an entry for every timer-version of the map... thats why the new release takes so much time, too... btw... xD

Overall: B bonus is fixed, idc about the other ones too much, as they are... well... only bonus jumps ;)

Blue 11 i have not fixed up to now, and tbh - i don't know if i will do it or not, but:
I don't think its easier than doing it regularly - i had some friends test it (who don't have experience in jumping like... at all) and they managed to get the speedshot after trying a bit - they did however not get the wallshot (precision is really hard to nail, when you are new to this) so... yea...

thank you for posting, i guess i'll use this to get back to work a bit :3

Maggot

Ok another quick thing to note would be engineer buildings over teleport destinations. Obviously on the well known Jump iT and JuJump iT servers that wouldn't happen but on lesser known or random jump servers people can grief by placing buildings or whatever.

Not a big issue for anyone clever enough to make a save point but on one server I used to frequent (LethalZone) they'd gone as far as decompiling the map, modding it to put nobuild over the teleports (and altering some textures), and labelling it "jump_4starters_b1_fix".

Just a possible consideration to map makers. Definitely not worth it if the nobuild zone is too costy in the mapmaking.

Rocketman

Wouldn't it be much much simpler to just install a plugin that allows votekick?

Maggot

Kairu bringing in the sollutions - like a bauss xD

idk, having servers frequented by admins helps a lot, too, when fighting trolls ;P

nah, but seriously, i know of the issue, and talked to the guys of LZ about it already - its not only the trolling with engi buildings on tele_destinations, but i need to find a decent way of resetting the gravity, too (when teleporting out of the low gravity, you keep it - for everyone who doesn't know that yet . . .)

so, if any1 has a decent idea, other than boxing the whole map but D7 and putting a grav trigger over it, tell me pretty pls, but i fear the huge box is the only way... narf

yea... laters... i guess :)

Online  QuBA
Soldier

but i need to find a decent way of resetting the gravity, too (when teleporting out of the low gravity, you keep it - for everyone who doesn't know that yet . . .)

so, if any1 has a decent idea, other than boxing the whole map but D7 and putting a grav trigger over it, tell me pretty pls, but i fear the huge box is the only way... narf

Just dont use trigger_gravity or whatever its called, use trigger_push (again, or whatever its called) instead and you wont have to worry about that. Theres some flag to make it continously push, so it can do everything trigger_gravity would and more.

Maggot

okay, progress update tiiiiime:

I'm finally close to getting done with all this work, got like... 7 more hours of work or so, until i'm ready to open up the official testing phase of RC1

I AM SO EXCITED, and i don't even know why, weeeeeeeeeeeee.... yea...

I expect to finish what i have to by the weekend, mb early next week if i run into more speed bumps, but right now the road ahead looks manageable.

Laters :3

Fly

Jon Bon Jovi of course
Awesome! :D

It wasn't me, but Jon Bon Jovi of course.

Maggot

okay, i am literally missing one thing, and that is the 3d skybox, but right now I DONT CARE (it doesn't change gameplay, so whatever)

for now i am done, and i need testers, so its finally time for Jump 4 Starters RC 1

Grim, i finally put it in - i have no idea if you still even think about jumping atm, but i made a promise to you, and i kept it, now you have to find it :3

To everyone else:

- I completely re-lit every course, and overhauled texturing a bit, so it will look.... lets call it different - better or worse is on you to decide - I like it this way :)

- I added 2 completely new courses

- I added a new secret, to unlock it, you have to find the hidden rooms with their switches, and visit them in pairs - shoot both switches at the same time, and a pink light will confirm your success - find all and a hidden path will open SOMEWHERE (and i hope you'll be able to enter it... couldn't check that on myself, but the setup should work out, so i'm not worried)

-I changed a few jumps up a bit, and made minor adjustments to others (like making D5 easier)

so, yea, without further hesitation, here comes the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6asew1wgfasyis/jump_4starters_rc1.zip

have fun with it and stuff :3
laters

Edit: to all the lethal zoners and other admins who noticed Trolling Potential - i haven't blocked the teleports yet, will do that in the next version, but i need to find out how many brushes i have at my disposal for that, mb i need to rework geometry first to not hit the limit, so to stop the trolls, you probably have to stop engi picks on this map for now, or wait for the next version
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:40:32 PM by Blind Girl »

Rocketman

Edit: to all the lethal zoners and other admins who noticed Trolling Potential - i haven't blocked the teleports yet, will do that in the next version, but i need to find out how many brushes i have at my disposal for that, mb i need to rework geometry first to not hit the limit, so to stop the trolls, you probably have to stop engi picks on this map for now, or wait for the next version

As an engineer jumper... plsno.   You would need one on every tele exit, which would screw speedruns to the point of not even playing the map anymore.  A server should have proper administration to avoid this problem.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC