Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A thank you to the community  (Read 1582 times)
Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Didn't know i was such an inspiration. :D

Niodyne actually helped me through adventure back when I started.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:40:30 AM by Raiin »

---------------------------

Rocketman

then 10 mins later i was like that was easy cause im canadian and canada is #1

Didn't work for me, I must not be pure-blood.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
then 10 mins later i was like that was easy cause im canadian and canada is #1

I hear youre getting bagged beer.

Whats next MIKE.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  ZuGuSC
Maggot

<- Not being able to finish maps since 2010

But still trying! (I recently discovered I don't know how to walljump properly, after 2 years. jump_rook 9 really opens your eyes on that)

Offline  sync
Maggot

I feel the same, I just love to notice the progress I am making. That feel when you clear rckteeer without problems when you couldn't make it a few weeks ago is just amazing.

Offline  Hex
Maggot

I remember when i started jumping i was on weed's server with a 200 ping failing miserably at pagoda. 1 took me like an hour to do because i kept falling and then i spent another hour on 2 before giving up. came back the next day and spent another 2 hours on 2 before finally figuring it out. hundreds of hours later i now can clear several maps with ease and get pretty far on a good number of the tougher maps.

same goes for all the other forms of jumping. the first time i saw someone conc i remember thinking "that shit looks incredibly tough". then i tried it and it's fun as hell. same for demo and engi jumping, both of which i'm slightly better than mediocre. just sucks that there are maps that are impossible for engi.  :(

Offline  ismillo
Maggot

I remember when i started jumping i was on weed's server with a 200 ping failing miserably at pagoda. 1 took me like an hour to do because i kept falling and then i spent another hour on 2 before giving up. came back the next day and spent another 2 hours on 2 before finally figuring it out. hundreds of hours later i now can clear several maps with ease and get pretty far on a good number of the tougher maps.

same goes for all the other forms of jumping. the first time i saw someone conc i remember thinking "that shit looks incredibly tough". then i tried it and it's fun as hell. same for demo and engi jumping, both of which i'm slightly better than mediocre. just sucks that there are maps that are impossible for engi.  :(

Almost the same history, but the first jump Server I played was at Jump It.
Good times when didn't have 5 years old kids mic spamming and people jumping with REAL jump class.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
So true, practicing helps sooooo much. My first map I ever jumped on was Littleman and I kept thinking "Wow I must suck so much since I can't even do the first one". But jumping is so fun in its own way, glad I kept going. I was inspired by all the popular jumpers like Raiin, 11, Mike, and others I didn't mention who are fucking amazing at what they do. I want to be in their league some day.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC