Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Author Topic: Jump_collab (round 2)  (Read 7715 times)
Soldier

Anyway, I have kind of an idea.  Instead of a contest, how about we set up a place on the forum for people to submit just a map with a single jump.  We can then have people critique them, figure out what needs tweaking, rate the difficulty of it, or whatever....and then like every 3 months or so, we gather up those jumps and release it as a community made map.  Few people can make a complete map with 20 or so jumps, but making one or two jumps shouldn't be all that difficult.

I like this idea quite a lot, although I think it may lose interest pretty fast. I think the contest should still continue also.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Will do. Anyway, I'm counting those who already signed up for this as still in. If at least three more peeps post (themselves) that they want to join the contest it's on again.

Edit: updated first post a lil bit. Also if someone wants out, say so as well. Danke!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:58:43 PM by Hadokk »

Offline  11
Fly

Jump Around!
I can do a jump, tho first I'll need to learn how to map : D. Anyway put me on the list

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Coolio.

Offline  Nerf
Maggot

Well I'm going to still put some effort into a few jumps and see where that goes.

I do however like the idea of anyone being able to submit standalone jumps for everyone to play test and add suggestions. People who can not map, could also try and draw or write out a explanation of jump and see what the mappers can come up with.

Offline  sync
Maggot

I made some (rather bad) attempts at mapping in CSS. If I get enough time I could make a jump.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Bump, only a few more to get this going again.

Maggot

I'm not a prophet but I'm here to profit.
This interests me greatly. I have a few gems already created and this seems perfect.

---------------------------

Offline  Splee
Maggot

Count me in.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Cheers guys! I'll update the original post soon (read: tomorrow) about the contest. 11 interested should be enough to make a 12+ jumps map. Or sumthgingngn

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

I could attempt one. Are we doing soldier or demo?

Soldier

since i am currently sucked into working on defrag stuff, i will not be making a jump at this time, GL tho to everyone!  :D

Fly

So what is a donkey punch
Ill make a jump
Should I make the map with a jump and put a link for the .bsp download?

Strange Macket Gadneh

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

VMF is a must, bsp is optional (i don't need it either way). Add me and just send me a link on steam... or maybe the forum mail pm thing. Or you could always leave a download link here.

Offline  sync
Maggot

So what's the deadline for this? I'll obviously try to finish it as fast as possible but it's always good to have a guideline.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC