Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: Jump_collab (round 2)  (Read 7715 times)
Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
OKAY! So now that there's a healthy number of peeps interested in this contest it's back on track. What is jump_collab, you ask. Jump_collab is the map we're making together (and by we I mean you guys). You create one or two jumps in sdk hammer and send them to Drexen(!+rep) who will be pasting this shizzle into one beautiful piece of heavenly, air-soaringly, no touchy-groundly jump map of awesome apple juice. Drexen says: The forum mail is probably the best way to enter yourself, i'll keep a list of everyone who entered jumps.

Now why would I do that, you ask. Because you can win moneys. The whole grand epicly total of 40$ is in the prize pool. Winner gets 30$, second gets 10$. I'll send the money to the winners through PayPal, so having an account there might be great.

Rules, I say:
  • The map is for soldier, so making solly jumps is prolly a good idea.
  • Deadline is 29th of april
  • You can enter with as many jumps you like, only 2 of them (you chose which ones) will be eligible for voting though, the rest will act as bonus jumps.
  • Both your jumps can win, one guy might win the whole prize pool if both his/hers jumps gets the most votes.
  • Detail it as much or little you want and in whatever manner, dev texture is fine.
  • Keep the size of the jump(s) within reason - don't make any jumps that cover half of the grid-map

There are no particular rules about the designs of the jumps. You make them as good as you can.

After the map's release there will be a vote for the jumps. The makers of the two jumps with most votes gets the money.

So far there's 14 interested:
zee
Donnys Element
Cranck
diddykong ftw
nerf
wolsk
x_dias
bob+M|M+
sync
Hero88go
splee
tordana
Wolny
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM by Hadokk »

Soldier

Im interested. I could manage one.. maybe two. Only time would tell lol...

What amount of detail are you wanting here? Same as junk - dev jumps? Or any amount of detail?

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
can i give the unused ones for the last one? cos i have 2 jumps that i didn't put into silly yet, cos one is fully detailed + one has egypt textures, they haven't been in any map yet (ohw and i dont mean for contest, just like.. to put into the map, if i go for contest ill make one from scratch)

also... desired difficulty level =?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:03:41 PM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
@drwhoo: you can detail the shit out of them or just keep them dev, totally up to you. (might get more votes with details though, i dunno :P)

@cranck: sure I guess, would be nice, but maybe they won't make for the first release? No need to confuse peeps who's gona vote with more jumps that they can't vote on :)

Also about the jumps, you make them as hard as you want, as detailed as you want etc. However to win you might want to design it for the average voter skill, how high that average is I dunno though :)

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
k, cool

and yes, why not.. sign me up!

i'll try and make a nice looking jump again, to compensate for the lack of detailing silly will get ^^

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994446249

ohw, one last question... any size restrictions? cos like... it has to fit in a map obviously... but like.. max size map / 12 = ..? hmmm prolly would still be quite large... prolly wont be a problem... ahwell... nvm ^^
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:24:32 PM by CrancK »

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

I could probably manage one jump, dunno how good it would be, and will almost definitely look pretty not good.

Diddy | tf2jump.com
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021921221

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Sweet, Cranck. No, there's no size restriction, just keep it within reason ^^

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
when you put this together would you want us to use a certain texture for walls and floors? or would you (or drexen) change them to what you want them to be?

Offline  Nerf
Maggot

I'd be down for making something.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/puntFTW

I'll keep checking back to see if there are any min/max spec's for the jump creation.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I came up with an awesome idea for a jump while reading the first post. :v

Wall_Sky.j2 yay
http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolsk

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
might aswell do something to get into mapping again...

and you're right about me at least, the jumps for the other collab were used in jump_demolition

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

I don't care how much detailing you use, or what textures you use, but just remember don't spend long getting a perfect light_environment setup, because there can only be one when the map is put together. Also i'd ask you to please keep all blocks on an 8/16 grid as much as possible :). Also yeah, try keep the size of the jumps... reasonable.

Maggot

Good idea Hadokk.  Great to see Drexen as the manager for this.  Always does an excellent job.  I'll give a shot at making a jump.

bob+M|M+
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tsasaobao
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:01:46 PM by bob+M|M+ »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU, BOB.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Nice to see that some are interested in doing this, cheers to you guys! I still need a few more peeps to actually have a decent amount of jumps though, so please post if you're interested!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC