Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ducktap  (Read 4692 times)
Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
for me... i dunno... i apparently ctapped all my tf2 career... just... not really consistent.... but i got through klanana couple of times, so im sure i can, tho still hate it when i get stuck on that last for longer then 5 min... damn single rocket jump

i dont really like ctap... but meh....

i really really dislike bounce though... that shit is whack!

---------------------------

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Ctaps really don't get you THAT much further or higher unless you do it absolutely perfect. The only person I've ever seen do it perfectly was MIKE on tholos 12, he managed to jump from the last pillar to the finish corridor which I admit is crazy but to do that took him about 50 tries. I really don't care if it's considered cheating if it means I get to have more fun with the speed.
How will you know someone did a ctap vs an rj? I've been told people can beat klanana's last jump without a ctap and yet I make the jump with mm to spare even with a ctap.
and it makes so many maps easier/cheatable.... (like raiins flawless runs?, kinda cheating quite a few jumps with ctap).
I have seen those jumps all done without ctaps, minus style 7 but there are ways to do it from that middle platform and without a ctap.

i really really dislike bounce though... that shit is whack!
Bounce and surf in jump maps will earn you a 1 way ticket to my anger. Soar, (duey or who or both...), baqu and 4starters are currently at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:46:47 PM by Raiin »

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

I really don't care if it's considered cheating if it means I get to have more fun with the speed.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it. Considering it's just another glitch in the game, I don't really see what the problem is. It's not like people follow any moral code when doing speedruns anyways. Everyone I've watched uses the fastest/path of least resistance, whether they're 'cheating' the jump with ctap, a speedshot, or something else - just plain doing the jump in an unintended way.

If people want to experience all the jumps the exact way they're designed to be done, they will.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:47:17 AM by MIKE` »

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

How will you know someone did a ctap vs an rj? I've been told people can beat klanana's last jump without a ctap and yet I make the jump with mm to spare even with a ctap.
You cant do it with a "normal" rj though, you have to walk to the right while jumping. Doing that and ctapping gives you even more height, so the difference is still there.
And mike isnt the only person who did beat tholos jump anymore ;)

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Bounce and surf in jump maps will earn you a 1 way ticket to my anger. Soar, (duey or who or both...), baqu and 4starters are currently at the top of the list.

I'm with you on the weird bouncing crap, but surf is another story. <3 the surf jumps on baqu.

Offline  ismillo
Maggot

At jump_duey, in a stage (don't know which one) ctap was very usefull.
IMO there is no way to that without ctap.
Reading you guys opinion, I think ctap isn't cheating, I mean, if you know how to do it, and the other ones don't isn't your problem.
Anyway, just sayin'.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:01:50 PM by ismillo »

Offline  Splee
Maggot

I'm with you on the weird bouncing crap, but surf is another story. <3 the surf jumps on baqu.
Er, what is bouncing?  I've never heard of this.

Soldier

Very carefully
TF2 Jump Quickie | jump_soar bonus 1

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC