Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beginner Questions  (Read 1397 times)
Maggot

Here's another beginner question, which map/maps are the best to learn speedshots/skipping, wallpogos and double/triple/quad walljumps(whatever you guys call it)?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:14:28 PM by combataran »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
hai there

as almost everything you asked, is a matter of preference, but i'd recommend to go with the stock rl

nope, ctap is not required for almost none of the jumps (and please don't use scripts to jump...that's just baaad)

walljumps is just pratice, watch some vids, and specially spec the people in the server, to check the angles and stuff

i don't use mouse acceleration, and my sens is about 4.9cm/360
but there are jumpers who use up to 30cm, so is just personal perference

viewmodels......and again you can choose.....

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
i don't like using no viewmodels, so i use them, but i have a viewmodel fov of 90. i use the viemodels because i feel it is nice to actually see where your rocket launcher is to the wall, to see where about your rocket would hit it.

Offline  Tom
Maggot

I personally play with viewmodels off but if you want them on whilst still being able to see the bottom left of your FoV you can use these skins.

Translucent rocket launcher skin: (It's the ghost of a rocket launcher!)
Place inside: tf\materials\models\weapons\v_rocketlauncher
http://www.mediafire.com/?05gmzb9aup8cl4b

Translucent Soldier arm skin: (Matching arms for your ghostly rocket launcher)
Place inside: tf\materials\models\player\soldier
http://www.mediafire.com/?8dm6k09uiiml9ar

Small adjustment for the rocketlauncher so it fits the transparent hands better:
Place inside: Place inside: tf\materials\models\weapons\v_rocketlauncher
http://www.mediafire.com/?587jd4gsdk43sy5

X_DIAS covered pretty much everything else.

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
and where the rockets come from on the original makes pogoing easier (in my opinion) and also makes it easier going up walls. but everything else is easier with the stock one.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Don't like the original at all for this exact same reason, weird to jump with.  Can throw you off more than you might think.  Some people say wallpogo is easier with it but idk, still thinks it's weird.

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Is it necessary to do a ctap everytime I start a jump, and if so, are there any scripts to do so(I ctap on the Spy, not sure about the Soldier)?
I'm guessing that with a "ctap" you just mean a jump where you jump and crouch at the same time, because you said you "ctap" on the Spy. You get much more height on the Soldier if you perform a crouchjump instead of just jumping. I hope this answers your question.

Ctap is a different skill which you will probably get to know later in your jumping life.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC