Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: TF2 Jump Movie Democall (#BYP Movie Contest)  (Read 6283 times)
Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Hi,

The Boneyard Productions Movie Contest was recently announced and I decided to enter with another community jump movie. The deadline for this contest is August 17th which does not give a lot of time considering how long these movies typically take to create, so if you're planning on submitting jumps please do so as early as you can.

The requirements for this movie are similar to those in the past. A SourceTV demo of the jump must be included, and ideally a pov demo of each player as well. I do not want demos from untextured or broken maps, and please do not record with the festive weapons either. Like Freedom, I'm looking primarily for creative team jumps that showcase many of the different classes in tf2. Feel free to try out the new unlocks, but avoid any custom mods like conc jumping or the bungee jumps. Please submit all the demos to me through steam to avoid public viewing of the jumps before they're released in the video. Also, make sure you hold onto the demos until after the movie has been released. Last time there were a few people who deleted them right away and I had not downloaded them by that point. If we can at least match the quality of the jumps in Freedom I think the movie will be very successful in the competition.

Anyways, if this movie were to win in the contest there would be a cash prize of $250 ($150 of which will go towards the iT servers) and it will be played live at the i46 event right before the TF2 Finals. I think this would be awesome seeing how 10 000 or so people will either be watching it live at the event or across one of the streams.

The deadline for this democall is July 25th, but I encourage you to submit jumps as early as possible.

I'll probably update this post with more info because I always forget to include everything I want to say. Anyways, I hope to receive some more amazing jumps.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:33:09 PM by dellort »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
you got it boss ^^

Offline  ismillo
Maggot

This is awesome, I really would like to participate, but I'm not the most creative person, so that makes a little difficult to get into it.
But that is amazing...
I hope you guys do an awesome job and successufully get your goal, with great jump skills and incredible editing (like all other videos you have made).
:D

Online  Aurora
Soldier

Count me in!

---------------------------

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*

Soldier

you got it boss ^^

not sure how im going to get the source tv though D:

Rocketeer

you got it boss ^^

Quote from: dellort
You can record both types of demos at the same time. Start up a server, type "tv_enable 1". Reload the map, then type "tv_record jump" and "record jump". Leave at least 500 ticks before and after the jump, once you've recorded it type "stop" and "tv_stoprecord". That's it..

Soldier

you got it boss ^^

Quote from: dellort
You can record both types of demos at the same time. Start up a server, type "tv_enable 1". Reload the map, then type "tv_record jump" and "record jump". Leave at least 500 ticks before and after the jump, once you've recorded it type "stop" and "tv_stoprecord". That's it..

thanks :3 but how long is 500 ticks? (can you tell i don't record demos much?)

Rocketeer

its very short, don't worry about that.

Soldier

he, kay i wont worry. :D

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
around 8 secs if i'm correct

(might be incredibly wrong)

Rocketeer

Nah, that sound about right.

Soldier

im thinking of doing something with 2 people, but i have nobody to do it with D: forever alone.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
By untextured levels do you mean dev textures? cuz if so that will make me sad :(

and should decals be turned off for the demo or does it not matter? if so, how do u turn off decals?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
By untextured levels do you mean dev textures? cuz if so that will make me sad :(

and should decals be turned off for the demo or does it not matter? if so, how do u turn off decals?

Yes, No, Yes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC