Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: jump_legion_beta3  (Read 5300 times)
Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Pretty much no one cares about speedruns...

I see what you did there...

Uhh... care to enlighten me? :D
Wasnt meant to be some kind of clever remark, i care about speedruns and he does apparently + some other guys, but in the grand scheme of things thats pretty much no one :/

Rocketman

So, I'll play referee here.

Ctapping regular jumps: This is likely considered cheating.  Much in the same way regen or saves can cheat the jumps.  Or even just doing wacky unintended methods, you can consider that cheating.

Ctapping on ctap intended maps: Obviously not cheating, just a different design choice.  Some will enjoy it, some will not.  It's a matter of opinion.

You both win.

Soldier

Uhh... care to enlighten me? :D
Wasnt meant to be some kind of clever remark, i care about speedruns and he does apparently + some other guys, but in the grand scheme of things thats pretty much no one :/

I understand why you said that and to a degree I agree as well. The lack of interest is, from what I think, a few reasons. Map design and lack of timers (until recently there was no easy way to get them in maps, now CrancK has added support for map side timer triggers and Jamien made a in map timer as well). Timers still arnt being added by mappers even though it is doable. There are sub issues to these, but anyway thats totally off topic.

MAP FEEDBACK

Add map triggers for the existing timer plugin (http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,651.0.html) and/or add Jamien's timer (think jump_asdf)

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
No offense to jamien, but the problem with his timer is that it doesn't really mean anything without some sort of high scores list. Also it's quite glitchy and there's no way to get rid of it unless you rejoin the server.

Will your mapside triggers sync up with the leaderboards on tf2jump.com? If so, I'll throw em in... I always thought those froggy timers were added in afterwards.

---------------------------

Soldier

The mapside triggers do sync with the leader boards on tf2jump.com (if klare ever updated the plugin  they should work on the iT servers, chillout is confirmed tho - ill have to dbl check with klare)

The maps with frogs ARE added after the fact. With the mapside triggers it works a bit differently (the frogs have a start and stop trigger zone around them, if you put em in, you make them whatever size you want). Youll see what I mean just looking at the dev example.

Maggot

The problem with source engine is the input/output for entities can often defy logic/time where cause and effect flip a coin to see who goes first. So I don't know if I could ever get my timer to 100% stable but if there's any specific recurring problems I could try to fix them and if I could help make it compatible with some sort of plugin I'd gladly do it.

One problem I see with ctap being considered a cheat on normal jumps is the fact that there are many jumps where you can use less than the "intended" number of rockets already just by being good and fast at normal rocket jumps. Unless you want a rule that every jump requires you to use an exact number of rockets and to touch every wall and platform possible in which case you are crazy stupid

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
ctapping is stupidly hard, and I refuse to play any map that requires it more than once.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Rocketman

ctapping is stupidly hard, and I refuse to play any map that requires it more than once.

It's not so bad if you spend an hour hammering it down until you can do it consistently.  Once you learn the timing it does nothing but make things easier.

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
ctapping makes jumping less fun, so I won't play any map that requires it unfortunately

Rocketman

almost done with beta2... some screenies of some changes

most notably a new skybox/lighting environment

I also added text that tells you which jumps I intend for you to ctap on. As it turns out it's only 3 of them aside from the lvl that's just a ctap by itself. And apparently all of them are possible without ctap, according to matti, but I'm not so sure after the changes I've made.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:26:24 PM by Afterglow »

Rocketman

jump_legion_beta2 released

Rocketman

hey all I noticed yesterday that I didn't use pakrat for the skybox textures so they skybox will just be pink/black squares. I updated it now, but if it's rly inconvenient (like someone uploaded it to a server) just tell me and I'll make it beta3.

Offline  bombs
Fly

neat vid of the map. wish i could do the ctap ones though, looks like a lot of fun. looks a bit better now too, so thats good.

keep mapping :)

Offline  Avaray
Maggot

,,i,,_(-_-)_,,i,,
Really, really, really good map! Added to my Favs :)

Maggot

I may sound really dumb, but I can't uncompress the bz2.. I've tried using winrar and 7zip. Winrar said "unexpected end of archive" and 7zip says that the file is broken.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC