Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please makers of jump maps I need your help!  (Read 817 times)
Offline  juc_tav
Maggot

Hey makers of jump maps! I need your help because i want to make a jump map but I don't know how to put ammo and life regeneration in offline mode....
  Please I need your help!

P.S: I know how to make a map, but i only want to know how to do that!

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
func_regenerate
also trigger_hurt with damage set to -99999

but most important, CHECK THE MAPPING SECTION.........maybe this and a lot more can be found there....who knows?

Offline  juc_tav
Maggot

func_regenerate
also trigger_hurt with damage set to -99999

but most important, CHECK THE MAPPING SECTION.........maybe this and a lot more can be found there....who knows?

Hey X_DIAS thanks for the helping, but I cannot find func_regenerate, can you help me?

Rocketman

Offline  bombs
Fly

Hey makers of jump maps! I need your help because i want to make a jump map but I don't know how to put ammo and life regeneration in offline mode....
  Please I need your help!

P.S: I know how to make a map, but i only want to know how to do that!

is there a reason to use a larger number than 200 with a trigger_hurt?

what you wanna do juc_tav is make a block that encompasses all the areas where you want the regen, then apply the trigger texture to the block. then select the block and either click move to entity or press ctrl+t and it'll bring up a little box. you gotta choose func_regenerate for ammo and trigger_hurt for health regen. Youll need two trigger blocks, one for each.

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
func_regenerate: create block, select block, CTRL+T, set the class to "func_regenerate".
Any class on either team to walk into that box will refill ammo and health in the same way a resupply cabinet would. (resupply cabinets use func_regenerate with a locker model)

Note: If you want to stop those "Func_regenerate has no associated model blah" errors; create a "prop_dynamic" entity and set the world model for the resupply locker using the search bar. Name the prop_dynamic eg. "regen". In the func_regenerate, set associated model to "regen". This will make the locker open and close when a player touches the func_regenerate box and stop the errors in console.

is there a reason to use a larger number than 200 with a trigger_hurt?

setting trigger_hurt to -200 wont heal any class to full health instantly, the magic number I use to heal all classes to full health is -1000. -500 is approximately 2/3 of a demo's health and you will also want to allow for soldiers so -1000 is just right.

Read #2 and #3:
http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,499.0.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:52:02 AM by Raiin »

---------------------------

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC