Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: [NEW] Ghost - A TF2 Movie  (Read 1853 times)
Maggot

As known as Thenewkillers
Hi all !

I've just uploaded my first jump video, and I wanted to know what you think about it ;)
Careful, for people who are expecting WONDERFUL jumps, don't watch the video you'll be deceived.

I'm just a jump beginner, so I'm not able to do really difficult jumps. I just focused on the movie making, I tried not to take only first person view but play with cameras etc.

So have a look at it, and just advice me what should I do for another movie :)

[TF2] Ghost - A TF2 Movie

Have a nice day !

---------------------------
Headshot - A TF2 Sniper Movie (my first one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQgGwpxU3OA

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Why calling it ghost?

a more apropriate name would be

jump_adventure (courses 1,2,3 + half 4) with weird camera angles

Maggot

I don't know, "weird camera angles" would not be really attractive.

Anyway, that's my first movie, and I just focus on jump_adventure map. But I guess for people who doesn't know jump, that's more attractive a name like "Ghost" then "jump_adventure".

I'm probably wrong, but I prefer it like this ;)

I guess you don't really like the movie, and I think I know why ^^ I'll try yo improve and to make better jumps AND better videos !

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
is not that
is just, you either make a jump vid, a compilation of jumps (preferably not done before or, if in jump maps, not the way it is suposed to be done), or you make a jump map walkthrough

is like recording one life on a pub server and call it a frag movie

and i'm not saying you need to make superuberhard ctap sync ceiling speed pogo to make a jump vid
(but i'd really like to see how that looks ^^)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:08:36 PM by X_DIAS »

Offline  bombs
Fly

dont listen to dias you definitely need a ctap sync ceiling speed pogo in there somewhere

just kidding. i liked the idea of focusing on the 3rd person views but it felt a little choppy sort of, like some of the clips didn't really show what the jump itself was, it just showed you taking off and then a close up of you landing.  it looks like you may have already figured out demo smoothing, but if you haven't it can be a useful tool, albeit kinda buggy.

i have always like more minimal movies, that focus on the 1st person and accentuate with the 3rd person cameras. if you watch rings soar vid you'll see what i mean. its one of the best and there aren't too many fancy bells and whistles.

anyway its a good start and you'll get better if you just practice. just remember you gotta let the jumps do the talking : )

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Unfortunately as time goes on original jumps in movies become harder and harder to come by. So you either have to get demos from godly jumpers, or try to find some sort of jumping niche that hasn't quite been filled yet. :(

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

jumping niche that hasn't quite been filled yet. :(
Still no bungie or pumpkin jumping videos. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Rocketman

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah... sure, great ideas.

Maggot

Thanks for all your comments :)
I'm gonna work on everything you said, and then I'll be able to make a better movie :)

Offline  kawaii
Maggot

jumping niche that hasn't quite been filled yet. :(

KZ_HOBO IS INCOMING

Offline  duppy
Fly

Just curious, how come it seems like nobody uses that Source Filmmaker program for jump videos?  It seems like it renders things way better, and I'd imagine you'd have more control over the camera and other settings.

Anyway, it's always good to see a new jumping vid.  Don't let anyone dissuade you from making more of them.  You can only get better with more practice.

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
Just idea... You really should change your FOVs, FPS looks in your video are terrible... I think u still have default 70/54 ones... Believe me, it do not directly affect jumping, but for example i wasnt able to do walljump till i changed mine settings to 90/80 and increased DPI of mouse ;) Just try it... Already i recommendet this to friends, and all completly gone better, as with jumping, as with normal gameplay ;) FOV you can change to 90 in your settings>video (try it to 90) + enable dev console an into it write: viewmodel_fov 80 (or at least 70, 90 can have bugs in meelee weapons like torn arms etc.)

New acc

Old acc

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Just curious, how come it seems like nobody uses that Source Filmmaker program for jump videos?  It seems like it renders things way better, and I'd imagine you'd have more control over the camera and other settings.

Anyway, it's always good to see a new jumping vid.  Don't let anyone dissuade you from making more of them.  You can only get better with more practice.

Because everyone is too lazy to learn it. It's a fairly complex program from what I've seen of it.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Because as of right now, you can't import demos and would have to do all the recording in SFM.

*EDIT*
Source Filmmaker Jumping Test

"I found out that jumping in SFM does not work well, and I can't imagine more jump maps being made in it anytime soon (unless I decide to make another). The version of TF2 that SFM uses is very old, and the explosions don't feel as powerful as in newer versions. Hopefully, it will be updated to a newer version of TF2 at some point so demo support can be better."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:10:01 AM by Wolsk »

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
oh god the regen noises

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC