Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What other games do you guys play? :D  (Read 3911 times)
Offline  monkie
Maggot

MONKIE | 5K/CLUTCH ESEA

This is me killing the entire team in an ESEA scrim :D
Ahhh! I miss counter-strike 1.6): TF2 stole my heart away from cs1.6 :]
What other games do you guys play?

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Starcraft 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl... it's hard to play games "casually" now though :(

Offline  monkie
Maggot

Ahh! The only time I play SC2 is when I play tower defense with the family. Haha! I love the ssb64 one.. Yoshi is my favorite in that one. I know, right? School has been taking away all my time now haha! So many projects to do..

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
I only play tf2. More specifically I only jump in tf2. I used to play only sc2 and I got to a pretty high level for random player... was top 10 random in NA basically since the game's release up to when I quit.

stopped playing for a few reasons:
1. sc2 is constant stress, if you lose you just get so incredibly frustrated, and wins feel exhausting. It's also a pretty damn antisocial game, where the only form of competition is 1v1. Isolation feels terrible man.
2. I realized I would never reach the highest level, and my motivation slipped after that.  For one thing I played random so I had to learn 3x the stuff. I also didn't have enough time compared to pros who played all day. And on top of that, sc2 is a game which has some of the best competition in terms of players. And also I had a really bad habit of completely falling apart whenever I hit a pro or well known player on ladder... like in this video:
coLMinigun (P) vs iMpAfterglow (Z) Small | Large

that game is old as shit, and I still remember it... Was experimenting with mass lings, which should have worked against a trash player like minigun but i sucked myself so whatever.

I don't know why i felt the need to tell everyone that, but man... after playing that game for that much and getting so little out of it, I just want to warn everyone... if you want to play games competitively at a high level, sc2 is a game to be wary of.

---------------------------

Offline  monkie
Maggot

Same with you, I only play tf2, only to jump. Damn, that's pretty cool how you were top 10 random  in NA.. From my experiences, starcraft was always a lot of stress for me when it came to ffaD: that's why i only played custom maps on it haha x.x

I played counter-strike at a high level at one point and it was so much stress.. a lot of tension also.. the worst part was playing it with school friends and some of them took the game too seriously haha..! as for me, i stopped playing due to the amount of hackers. couldn't even get a decent scrim without someone hacking or ddosing the server :(

when it comes to jumping in tf2, it's basically my stress ball. i really enjoy learning how to jump and trying to figure out how to get better. it's like a liberating feeling. haha

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Currently busy with Borderlands 2 and it'll keep me busy for a good while.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Long term stuff: TF2, Dota2, Super Meat Boy, CS a little bit, and sometimes Killing Floor.
Right now though I've been playing Borderlands 2 pretty much religiously, with some FTL added in.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Rocketman

Recently: TF2, Borderlands 2
Occasionally: Dota 2,  Zelda: Ocarina of Time MST Speedrunning (currently on hold, controllerless), Random steam games I own

I'm like level 39.5 in borderlands, on the second playthrough, and just finding myself not caring anymore.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I cant stay interested in any games these days... we were only into gw2 for like a week. And tf2 is... well tf2.

SOMEONE MAKE ME LIKE GAMES AGAIN =(

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
I cant stay interested in any games these days... we were only into gw2 for like a week. And tf2 is... well tf2.

If you want to immerse yourself in several hours of probably the most incredible single-player game I have ever played, try Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It's cheap, brilliant, and can be used after you finish the game to scare your friends.

Although it probably won't last you longer than a week.

Offline  bombs
Fly

amnesia is fun, very immersive and spooky.

couple games i have been interested in trying are faster than light and when mutant blobs attack. both look really fun. the new xcom is coming out so that looks neat too, and i've been also wanting to try a simpler game like xcom called frozen synapse.

botinacula is really fun as well. lots of good games man, even morrowind with oblivion quality textures is a pretty fun time if you can keep yourself from breaking it by making a spell that can kill literally anything within a  50 foot radius.

Offline  monkie
Maggot

Borderlands 2 must be really good if everybody is playing it haha! I've only seen the gameplay for the first one x.x  Amnesia looks so fun and funny ahha! Something I wouldn't play after I beat it though! but then again, there are a lot of mods for it and that seems fun..

I was thinkin about playing Torchlight II.. Not too sure if I want to continue playing games nowadays.. Been getting into art quite a lot these past few days and my TF2 hours are decreasing slowly haha.

How can you not like games!? Haha! I wish I didn't like games so I can pursue my career :)

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
been trying to find time for phantasy star online 2 and gw2 but i dont have any time really. When i do have time i usually dont think about playing games. maybe i will start hanging out on tf2 again, who knows. play sometimes dota2 if ridley asks me :p

Maggot

minigun is good player now and your clan is fucking shit btw EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ ESZ

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
minigun is good player now and your clan is fucking shit btw EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ EZ ESZ

Yeah, it's hard to find a bunch of people as elitist as the SCII community. I'm not saying they're all like that, but some of them are pretty bad.

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC