Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Advanced walljumping...  (Read 1771 times)
Maggot

Hi all :D
Hi, I am learning the rocketjump and i need some help for the advanced walljump. The jump 15 in beef (I know it' s the easiest, please do not insult me :() and i need to know when to use d to strafe to the wall and a to accelerate.

---------------------------
I am just a beginner, I need help if i want to be a good jumper one day. :)

Rocketman

I'd suggest watching higher level players doing it with /skeys on.  You want to be strafing away just as you're firing the rocket, so that you're gaining a bit of speed off of it, then you strafe back to the wall for your next shot.

Offline  Kaboom!
Maggot

What i usaly do is hold w when walljumping on a flat wall, And release W as i strafe the corner. Then press W again to walljump the rest. Try to flick the mouse to the side a bit when you shoot the rocket, And try to prevent looking back when walljumping. You always want to look forward when youre jumping.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
What i usaly do is hold w when walljumping on a flat wall, And release W as i strafe the corner. Then press W again to walljump the rest. Try to flick the mouse to the side a bit when you shoot the rocket, And try to prevent looking back when walljumping. You always want to look forward when youre jumping.

That sounds like a really bad method.

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
I think that keeping W key pressed is helpful for beginners, but at higher skill levels you'll ban this ;) So for beginner - jump towards the wall and as you're getting speed with firing, keep raising arm a bit ;)

New acc

Old acc

Maggot

Thank you all   :D, you have been very helpful, and right today I did that jump. :D

P.s. This is a good community :D

Offline  Kaboom!
Maggot

That sounds like a really bad method.
But hey! Works all the time for me. :P

Maggot

I saw a video with showkeys on, when he flicks away from the wall he holds d (or a) for a long time  and then to accelerate he presses a for a really short time during the shot. I' ll try it.

Soldier

keep in mind only flick backwards and face your landing zone.
the way how you press a and d is important as you look to the wall and at which side the wall is.
right hand wall:
if you look forward to your laning zone press D
if you flick to the wall to make the next shot hold A
keep in mind if you are going faster you need to adjust this timings more.
never hold W just dont hold it.
left hand wall:
invert the keys if you are looking forward press A
if you face the wall hold D
keep in mind you need to flick a bit more backward too hit the rocket correctly adjust this when you are going faster.
jump_adventure curse 3 have some of this jumps try it out and good luck

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
And also put in the hours. Practice is good

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

I'd suggest watching higher level players doing it with /skeys on.  You want to be strafing away just as you're firing the rocket, so that you're gaining a bit of speed off of it, then you strafe back to the wall for your next shot.
This.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Holding A doesnt do anything at that point.

Soldier

Holding A doesnt do anything at that point.
really? i was really sure that A would help a bit.

tried it now without A and strafed away from the wall^^ i think its habit...

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
I typically use A, but from my experience, it doesn't seem to help at all.

For now, if you don't want to complicate it, don't use A during the walljump. Just press D when you face your destination, strafe back to the wall, let go of D, then flick backwards.

Obviously, like most aspects of rocket jumping, your time and practice put into it will make a difference.
If you feel like you're never going to get it, take a break and come back.

Just don't give up on it, because eventually you'll get it (This was my situation learning wallpogo).

Offline  duppy
Fly

I made a diagram of basically how I think about wall jumping ;D I'll be the first to admit I'm not great at wall jumping though, so don't take it as "the way" to do it.

Essentially you use the 'A' key to boost yourself off the wall at a shallow angle to the wall, then use the 'D' key to quickly air-strafe back into the wall in order to shoot another rocket....and then keep repeating that depending on the distance.  The "looking direction" lines in the picture are a little exaggerated, but each time you fire a rocket at the start and end position, you want to be looking behind you.

As for holding 'W' key, I think one exception for using it is when it's a very vertical wall jump and you're not moving horizontal as much.  In that case, one method of doing it is almost like a wall pogo where you're holding 'W', looking about 45 degrees to the wall, and constantly tapping the 'D' button.  You can see it in the 2nd and 3rd jump of this video (from this thread):

jump1

When doing more horizontal wall jumps, you really don't want to hold 'W' at all.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:30:37 PM by duppy »

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC