Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Water triples without health cheats  (Read 371 times)
Maggot

So I am having serious trouble nailing good water triples (like in jump 10 of aviator) without the use of some sort of damage reduction (like gunboats).  70% of the time I attempt the triple, I end up killing myself, and the other 30% of the time I get a pretty weak boost.  I believe that the cause of water triple suicide is rocket jumping too late assuming the two prefired rockets are bundled together well, but I just wanted to make sure that this really is the case.  With damage reduction, I can get to the end of aviator 10 within 5 shots or so.  Does this mean that using damage reduction simply gives you a more lenient timing window to actually perform the water rocket jump -- assuming that the bundle of prefired rockets is good?  Should the two prefired rockets land very shortly after you actually rocket jump in order to reduce damage received?  I really would appreciate some insight into this technique.  Thanks in advance.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Pretty sure rockets in water just do more damage. I wouldn't sweat it, there are plenty of jumps such as quints that are impossible without damage reduction. Just use rocket jumper or !superman or w/e for such jumps.

---------------------------

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
for the record afterglow was born with a rocket jumper attached to him like a siamese twin, and now they're going to get married.

Soldier

So I am having serious trouble nailing good water triples (like in jump 10 of aviator) without the use of some sort of damage reduction (like gunboats).  70% of the time I attempt the triple, I end up killing myself, and the other 30% of the time I get a pretty weak boost.  I believe that the cause of water triple suicide is rocket jumping too late assuming the two prefired rockets are bundled together well, but I just wanted to make sure that this really is the case.  With damage reduction, I can get to the end of aviator 10 within 5 shots or so.  Does this mean that using damage reduction simply gives you a more lenient timing window to actually perform the water rocket jump -- assuming that the bundle of prefired rockets is good?  Should the two prefired rockets land very shortly after you actually rocket jump in order to reduce damage received?  I really would appreciate some insight into this technique.  Thanks in advance.

it happens sometimes even with a easy sync without water. this occours because you are ducking as the rocket explodes and just holding duck makes more damage. to prevent this do the rocket jump a bit earlier not too early.
and i feel yes some kind of damage reduction helps and you should have a better window timing to do this.
this duck jumps are great not really with soldier except of the competitive spawn jumps but demo can use them pretty effective because they just do a little bit more damage (if done correctly) but you will have the same speed and a much lower y-angle. a bit harder to come with it but for some jumps its great. (you can use this in process for a 7 secs mid rollout with 160 hps left)
hope it is a bit clearer now
greets dotte

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC