Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would you watch the Jumpers of Old? (TFC Jump Video)  (Read 688 times)
Maggot

Badlands - TFC Trick Rocket Jumps - PGooseGaming

Hey guys, I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules, it's a Jump video, but it's in TFC, the game I've played for 13 years.  I'd like to share it with you if you guys are interested in this kinda stuff :)

Also, if you could comment or like the video it would mean the world!

Thanks,
Goose.

Soldier

Hi
Woah Nice video. i didnt know that kind of jumping was possible in TFC XD

---------------------------
Hi

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Nice to see tfc trickjumpers still doing vids

That double rocket bug seems very intresting
Can you replicate it at your will or is just random?

Maggot

I tried fiddling around with it as of recording this video, it seems I could only recreate the effect about 10% of the time when I tested it further.  For some reason if I were almost dead and shot the ground with 2 rockets left, they would both fire.  I've never seen anything like this in all my years of playing this, and I have a feeling it has to do with the update all the old goldsrc engine games got.  TFC has a few things changed and I feel like this is a product of it.  I've oddly enough never seen it in multiplayer yet though.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the video :)  I love making them.

Maggot

I stopped playing TFC after 1.6 came out (and ruined both TFC and CS). These types of jumps were very common for trick jumping, though quad jumping (which I don't have any interest in) was by far the most popular.

Originally when the mods were released you could bunnyhop all over the place. Grenade damage, as opposed to QWTF, was ridiculously over powered, making the scout class pretty broken in the game (along with the engineer's EMP). The first jump would be the hardest to pull off from all of these due to the fact the jumper had to land on the ladder (which would be equivalent to landing in the water in TF2 to avoid fall damage). The rest is about right as the power from the splash damage would be increased exponentially I believe (due to the Quake 2 engine, which the Gold engine was just a tweaked version of Q2's).

As for the changes after 1.6, I cannot say. It also depends on the server settings as the settings can affect the gameplay for rocket jumping, same as it did for QWTF.

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
i didnt know the rocket jumping in TFC was that advanced

---------------------------
Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC