Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am such a noob at rocket jumping  (Read 534 times)
Maggot

Hello, fellow jumpers!
I just suck at rocket jumping and even after two weeks of practicing (two hours a day) I still can't beat Beef on intermediate or jump_adventure. Are there any jump maps, that are created for absolute newbies like me? And can someone give me some tips to rocket jumping in general? I would also appreciate some help in "pogo" jumping; jumping on one spot without moving. I also suck at jumps where you have to fly a long distance.
I would love some help!

P.S I have watched tons and tons of rocket jumping tutorials and I fully understand the mechanins and how it works, I just can't use them in-game.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Jumping is alot about muscle memory, so probably you just have to train more. Spectate good players and type !skeys in chat, so you can see which keys they hold during jumps.

You could try jump_rush, jump_adventure and rj_rckteer.

Maggot

Thank you for the tips! But I failed adventure and rockteer hardcore. I suck at it. I will try out rush, though.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
If you know how it works then all you really need to do is practice.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Maggot

I need some help with pogo jumping... I can easily jump at one place but accelerating and getting faster is something I can't do... I somehow always boost to the "left".

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
I need some help with pogo jumping... I can easily jump at one place but accelerating and getting faster is something I can't do... I somehow always boost to the "left".

Use your strafe keys and adjust where you shoot your rockets, if you're going fast aim a little more forward.

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC