Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: jump_pushittothelimit  (Read 1512 times)
Offline  11
Fly

Jump Around!
Current version: jump_pushittothelimit_b3
Known bugs:
  • edgebugs
  • wall on bounces bounces (: D) you off if you're too close to it
  • cornerpogo is very much cheatable
  • no quints
  • text for 'music off' is off the wall by at least 3 units (SERIOUS BUG, GONNA BE FIXED ASAP)

A map made by QuBA(99% of stuff) and me (initial idea + some other ideas and some distances), focused on pushing it to the limit!

It features:
  • edgebugs
  • speedshots
  • skips
  • zigzag skips(BAQu-like)
  • wallshots
  • cornerpogos
  • bounces
  • doubles
  • triples
  • double catches
Made with counters and seamless teleports, with possibility of pretty much infinite jumps (counter only works up to 999 tho, so try not to exceed that :) ).

It's been made to see just how consistent people can get with the jumps, or for things like contests or leaderboards(which I'm gonna make a separate thread with rules for it if this map gets enough attention).

It also features the song 'Push it to the Limit' playing in a loop! (with possibility to turn it off, but obviously it's an option only for losers)

Please report all the bugs and feedback you have in this thread.

The glass texture has been stolen from jump_koi.

Have fun!

Rocketeer

Quba, why you lazy and not fix bounce.

---------------------------

Maggot

the spaces between the speedshots seems a bit small, I have to hold backwards most of the time, I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but it's kinda' annoying...

Good map otherwise, nice idea.

Rocketeer

the spaces between the speedshots seems a bit small, I have to hold backwards most of the time, I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but it's kinda' annoying...
koeba knows, just like the first skips...

Offline  11
Fly

Jump Around!

Good map otherwise, nice idea.
The idea was that speedshots are the most consistent at more or less this speed. Also, the platforms are pretty wide, so you can always strafe to the side. But if more people complain about it, it could be changed, cause it is kinda close

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
is cool map, well done  :D

however, on the syncs you can't have fov higher then 110, or you'll only see skybox.. which is annoying

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

One more thing I noticed, the music on and off switches/doors dont work reliably when youre moving fast so try to walk trough slowly if youre having troubles with that.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
screens pls, internet is being slo

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
What's the best people have done so far? I managed to get 3 edgebugs and 16 doubles (could probably do way more doubles but it's really boring), and I haven't really spent any time on the others yet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:48:46 PM by dellort »

Rocketeer

I thought light was doing something with a scoreboard to keep highscores, dunno why it isn'there yet. I thought it would be here by now.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

I thought light was doing something with a scoreboard to keep highscores, dunno why it isn'there yet. I thought it would be here by now.

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,2264.0.html

And light has nothing to do with it lol

What's the best people have done so far? I managed to get 3 edgebugs and 16 doubles (could probably do way more doubles but it's really boring), and I haven't really spent any time on the others yet.

HeliX got 44 79 zigzag skips and I got 38 triples, nothing else noteworthy yet afaik. And no one submission to the leaderboard/pointsystem thingy so far.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:55:48 PM by QuBA »

Offline  HeliX
Maggot

we fly high
And o submissions to the leaderboard/pointsystem thingy so far.

You got mail. :P

Online  The BQE
Soldier

I just noticed the counter at the bottom of the screen for keeping track. ><

Nice map. 

Offline  HBC
Maggot

awk
NO QUINTS????????? what is this blasphemy

Rocketeer

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,2264.0.html

And light has nothing to do with it lol

I am pretty sure you said light in mumble. I was wondering why him.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC