Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't seem to get enough speed/height  (Read 426 times)
Offline  Soney
Maggot

So I've started rocket jumping recently, and one of the prominent issues that prohibits me from getting better is the fact that everytime I try to rocket jump, be it from a wall to get speed, or from the ground to get height, I can never get as much as I need (dictated by the map). I see people in Jump Maps doing these easy jumps with minimal effort, but I always struggle on them because I can never get enough height or speed. For example, I can't get up the second jump (blue) on jump_4starters RC1 using 2 rockets. I always need 3 or 4.

Anyone have any idea of this? Could it be that I'm not pressing Crouch and Jump quick enough?

Soldier

Hey welcome,
you should press jump+crouch+shot at the same time (play with it later but for now do it so).
while in air hold crouch if you are trying to get up a vertical wall hold "w" too, but only then otherwise dont hold it while in air!
you also should try to make it slowly this can make it easier do it faster if you are sure you can do it :)
learing to rocket jump is a lot about practice some stuff is important to know but most will come with time.
if you are having trouble with jumps try to see what you are doing wrong but dont get stuck with just this jump come back later ;)
good luck

Maggot

Autoexec:

Bind SPACE "+crouchjump"
bind CTRL "+duckfix"
alias nocmd ""
alias +crouchjump "+jump; wait 5; df_duck"
alias -crouchjump "wait 5; -jump; df_stand"
alias df_duck "+duck"
alias df_stand "-duck"
alias +duckfix "+duck; alias df_duck nocmd; alias df_stand nocmd"
alias -duckfix "-duck; alias df_duck +duck; alias df_stand -duck"

Soldier

this script wont even work on competitve server :D
nice try xD
i would suggest to never use this kind of scripts its just not worth it.

Maggot

i have this script for 5 years, what do you mean under "competetive server"? last time i played comp match was before hats, but it should work

Rocketman

Don't encourage newer players to use a script.  It's bad, it's a bad habit, and bad for competitive.

You can't use it in any server that has sv_pure set, which is all competitive based servers. So yours would not work the same, and would just bypass the wait commands, doing them all at once.

Soldier

the wait command is not sv_pure based it is sv_allow_wait_command^^
just wanted to say that^^

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
using scripts to help you play better is a pussy move...

---------------------------

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
Using scripts = baaaad

IIRC, the 2nd jump of CourseA 4starters can be done in 1 rocket, although the first jump of CourseC almost pushes a regular rocket jump to its limit so you can try that. You're supposed to press jump, crouch and shoot all at the same time, consciously work on that and you should be fine.

---------------------------

Maggot

real pro uses scripts

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC