Forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: Me Made a Map  (Read 17479 times)
Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
It's here!!!!!!!

edit: just did purple course, this map is getting farther and farther away from being "4starters" lol... lovin the texture changes, and last lvl of purple is neat.

edit2: omg that surf lvl on orange is so AWESOME. The blocks could be cleaned up a bit though lol

edit3: wow that is a super sneaky secret I found... I really regret noclipping around and finding it randomly, woulda been epic to find that easter egg on my own.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:14:00 PM by Afterglow »

---------------------------

Maggot

first: thanks for testing

second: how would nobuild zones on every tele exit screw speedruns? i dont get that... at all O_O

Fly

video games
IT'S
HAPPENING

Soldier

Sick update. #devtextures

Rocketman

first: thanks for testing

second: how would nobuild zones on every tele exit screw speedruns? i dont get that... at all O_O

Having to fight against being able to place your sentries before you can even do the jump would be annoying.

Offline  Pho
Maggot

Okay so I just finished the new map and overall, I think it's pretty neat. Some jumps just seem easier versions of others though. I still say white is harder than the rest of the map. I enjoy the new look because it's not as dark as it was before. And I can't find the easter egg Glow was talking about T_T

Maggot

Just played through and finished the main courses until I got to the dual buttons stuff.

A couple of minor picky things, I got a couple of screenshots as examples but slacked off because I forgot to take more  ::)

Firstly it took me a moment to find each course entrance, I already know what colors mean what so I know what to look for but with the map being called "4starters" and the first thing people see is the D pit... well.
Anyway I thought something as simple as colored paths leading to the entrances similar to Half-Life might be nice, maybe even with the letters A etc at the start of the path. Also there were no numbers on the new jumps, I don't play on high graphics so if they're there then I didn't see them (although I saw all the other ones for A - D).

Later on I think it gets somewhat confusing as to what to do on some of the jumps, and by the looks of it the button ones are hard to follow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also what is with those "exit" teleporters on C8 and E(?) final  ???

blahblahblah.
Overall fun stuff and I enjoyed playing it and seeing the differences from before, and again look forward to seeing the full completed version of it.

Maggot

Section E Final Jump

My video editing is very sloppy. I have no idea how to output higher res in Adobe Premier, since this is the first video I've ever edited in it.

Anyways, I plan to make a run-through video of each jump for this section. More to come soon.

Offline  Honster
Maggot

Uh, just a few basic things, im not good enough to even hit the new content anyway, only can get to d5 and have never legitimately done C bonus.

The letter coding was extremely helpful to direct new people where to go and of the correct order. If you could slap a big color coded A/B/C/D/E/F, a big labeled sign,  or some other idea that mimics the function it would be really helpful. I also personally find it simpler to refer to courses by letter.

Kinda bummed that the bonuses no longer have control points attached, but i understand why, the regular map is so freaking huge. Still I do wonder if ill ever be able to correctly do c bonus. And man, i loved seeing peoples reactions to b bonus getting fixed. <_<

I remember when i very first started playing jump maps, i.e. pagoda, i couldnt stand 4starters for about a week. Probably because i was clueless as shit, since then its really become one of my favorite maps and i appreciate you going to the effort to not just make a solid map but to rehaul it even further. Now i just need to get better at the damn thing, its been quite a while since i started and still cant beat 4starters.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 01:54:17 PM by Honster »

Maggot

oooh, those are interesting 5/8..

the line is from the decal, its not really clean - only way to make it vanish would be by stretching it across the whole wall...

D5 and D bonus should have ports there, something for me to notice for the next version

The "Exit" porters are ment for jumps where its close to impossible to backtrack, they take you to the start of the jump

I really like the idea with the colored lines, mb ill put that in, idk :3

Thanks to everyone for replying in this amount, i feel like i am generating traffic here ^_^

P.S.
has anyone found the supersecret hidden secret yet? :)

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Have only had the time to play through A and B so far, and I like the aesthetics and small changes to certain jumps, but some of the lighting seems too dark in spots, to bright in others. 

Maggot

I'll try and get around to making a video of this version of the map. Purple bonus looks horribly fun to achieve :P.

Don't expect any flawlesses because I'm not that good and my mouse disconnects randomly :(

The entrance to orange isn't as clear as the other courses either btw, they all have lights or walls with the color, orange only has one light on the other side.

Rocketman

has anyone found the supersecret hidden secret yet? :)

I think I've found (with Afterglow) all of them.  Finished the extra course, too. It was fun, but I prefer the other maps dedicated to it that don't have that same disconnect.  I'm not sure what 'grims secret' is, but I think it has to do with that floor drawing?  Not the oppai I was expecting.

Maggot

A few more things to note with more screenshots.

- No teles under those pads after A11 and before the tele back to spawn, this probably doesn't even matter.
- The button on C8 no longer lights up when you shoot it, so there's no way of knowing whether it's on or off.

- This jump needs teleports possibly on the floor of the water similar to the one later on.

- This jump is quite vague and way more open than it needs to be, teleporter zones are a bit far away.

- This ledge is far too close making the jump more awkward than it should be.

- A glass wall or a clip should/could be put here to block telesyncing or miracle pogo skips.

- This door should have a teleporter like D11 does, and the clipping on the ledges in the rest of the jump are strange (Final jump on purple).

Also there's a nasty issue with the lights on walls :( since almost all of them can be shot and stood on (the small ledges). I have more screenshots of that but don't want to cram tons of stuff into one post.

After all that crap here's a video of the purple bonus jump :).
Purple Bonus

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
Can someone who is good at this game please make a video of how to do the new levels, I am constantly noclipping trying to find out how to do pretty much all of the levels, many of which I still have no idea how to do them...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:48:09 AM by Fishy »

---------------------------
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC