Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Advanced wall jumping.  (Read 739 times)
Maggot

So im basically a noob to rocket jumping, and i cant seem to crack how to do this. I can do the normal walljumping fine. Whenever i try this i bounce away from the wall, and then when i strafe back, I have lost all momentum, i don't know if i'm aiming the rockets badly, i just cant seem to do it. I try it holding W and have occasional success but even then it seems completely random whether i can do it or not. I don't know which angle to shoot the rocket at, and when i try to remember everything to do i normally forget something, or just take too long. Im well and truly stuck, and i'm not getting any better with practice. All in all its rather frustrating. I have read the guide and watched the linked youtube video (the one by pilotsyle) I have read the other thread i could find on this, and none of it really made much sense too me. I can jump of the wall once, but i cant chain the jumps together, and help would be really appreciated, i know i'll probably get the same answers as the other thread so sorry for wasting your time if this is the case, but i just really need help i guess. :(

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
-.- one of 10 000 000 000000000 topics with wame prob... but basically, you'll need to practise, practise, practise. since you said u watched it and all that stuff, you know theory. now DO it. it took me shitload of practise, i dont even know but i learnt even wallpogo easier than a. walljumping (and i still nearly cant walljump on left sided walls! :D) but one tip: get map with huge wall, vertically and horizontally long, and try to walljump and they try to get aiming a bit to right side. since you'll be getting into timing, it will be much easier. also holding W key can be little useful for beginners, u will stop using it in future ;) and last word: PRACTISE

---------------------------
New acc

Old acc

Maggot

yeah the aiming the main problem i think, i tend to try and flick forwards again quickly so im not looking back and then i end up not quite hitting where i meant to, map with a big wall sounds good, do you know of any or have a download link or something?

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
In depth:

Ideally you want to be as close to a wall as possible when walljumping off of it (duh), but you also want to face your landing zone (i.e don't stare into the wall and hold w). To accomplish this, we'll break walljumping down into 2 parts: shooting and not shooting. For simplicity I'll assume you're walljumping on a wall on your right.

When not shooting, hold d and face forward so that your line of sight is parallel to the wall. Pretty simple.

When shooting, let go of d, hold a, and flick toward the wall all at the same time. When you've reached the angle at which you want to shoot the wall (which varies), shoot, and then immediately flick forward, let go of a, and hold d again.

The intricacies of angles and buttonpress timings are for you to figure out through practice.

glhf

Soldier

8 topics under this one is already a thead where all was explained with graphics too.
close pls.
http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,1511.0.html

Maggot

As i said i have read the other thread, didn't help much. thankyou stimpack, i actually understand that. I guess its like most things, just takes practice?

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
now grind the hours.

Soldier

As i said i have read the other thread, didn't help much. thankyou stimpack, i actually understand that. I guess its like most things, just takes practice?
hm okay... practice a lot i tried around 10 hours till i got it and left wall jumps are for me after about 400 hours really hard practice, practice and practice is the most that i can say you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:57:19 AM by derdotte »

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC