Forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Me Made a Map  (Read 17471 times)
Offline  Shikai
Maggot

Oh, hey! Yesterday I even asked what became of you, and now I see there's even a new version of the map. Gotta try out the rehaul immediately :0

Rocketman

Can someone who is good at this game please make a video of how to do the new levels, I am constantly noclipping trying to find out how to do pretty much all of the levels, many of which I still have no idea how to do them...

They should be pretty straight forward... I didn't find any that I couldn't decipher within 5 attempts.  You should be able to figure it out within a minute or two. There aren't any that are a unique marvel or anything.  Orange course likes tele-doubles.

Maggot

Jump_4Starters_RC1 - Orange Complete

I forgot to include the bonus in the video. Here is my demo of orange bonus if anyone wants it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fvr5zawod18owfs
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:11:15 AM by JoinedSenses »

Maggot

A few more things to note with more screenshots.

- No teles under those pads after A11 and before the tele back to spawn, this probably doesn't even matter.
- The button on C8 no longer lights up when you shoot it, so there's no way of knowing whether it's on or off.

- This jump needs teleports possibly on the floor of the water similar to the one later on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- This jump is quite vague and way more open than it needs to be, teleporter zones are a bit far away.

- This ledge is far too close making the jump more awkward than it should be.

- A glass wall or a clip should/could be put here to block telesyncing or miracle pogo skips.

- This door should have a teleporter like D11 does, and the clipping on the ledges in the rest of the jump are strange (Final jump on purple).

Also there's a nasty issue with the lights on walls :( since almost all of them can be shot and stood on (the small ledges). I have more screenshots of that but don't want to cram tons of stuff into one post.

After all that crap here's a video of the purple bonus jump :).
Purple Bonus

ooookay, lets just work this out from start to finish:

1st: A11 is intended, its kinda silly to have a teleporter after the course has officially ended
2nd: C8 was a byproduct of me removing all the light entities, i'll have this one fixed next version, i agree here, its kinda bogus not to see when you're able to jump and when not
3rd: (first picture) I could put a tele on the floor there, but that might have secondary effects (wink wink, nudge nudge), and i thought the fact that you could just float back to spawn, and start from the water was enough not to need one there - you lose like... 5 seconds or so, going back instead of sinking to the bottom
4th: you're not the first telling me this, and probably not the last, so here is my reasoning: The first thing you are pointed at, after porting the first time, is the back wall, with the huge glowing white square on it - that should make people think: hey, i should use that, its so in my face! Then comes the question of where to go? since you obviously have to double, and the walls swallow rockets, up is pretty much the only way. Once you are up there your attention should get to the orange platform, since its right in front of you - from there its only: aaaaaw, i fell - oh, i don't have to do everything anew? thats nice O_O... and figuring out a double speedshot is the way to go there, that is left.
5th: the ledge being too close can be fixed reeeaaaally easily - start farther back. Since this is purple, and the jump to get into the course is really awkwardly spaced on purpose, i expected people to not just: go to the ledge and complain when it feels weird... In case you already jump from the far back wall: congratulations, you jump about 2 times as far as i do, and might make the double catch without the middle platform.
6th: This one i really really really need to fix. This is 2 ways of cheating that i didn't think of earlier. I started fixing it already, by making the ground teleporter a lot higher, but i still haven't thought of the double on my own... kinda silly after making orange... derp...
7ths and last: Yup, i've had that problem, too - i experimented with it like... a ton... and the jump got a lot more awkward when i put the teleporter on the door, since it reacts immediately, while the door has move speed... i'd have to put in to a different activation time to work, i think... the clipping i wont change, its either this, or walking beneath it will feel weird, because of the way the bridge thing is designed.
The thing that really botheres me about this one is that you can cheat it by jumping from the bridge, firing the button, and just boosting on over the slope, and tbh... i have no idea how i could fix that - i'd probably have to make the jump longer, and put another skip in, so you can't possibly get to the door any other way, than with the speedshot... but putting another skip in will 100% feel awkward, since speedshots are inconsistent in their hight... mb a ramp to make it longer might help...
I also forgot to include a way back on this one... will have to write that down...

Okay, lots to think about, thanks everybody for replying... again...
Keep the problems and ideas coming, i'd like to potentially have everything ironed out in the next version, and make that the final one - no more gameplay changes incoming, besides fixing some jumps. It will only be the new skybox and the bugfixing before i remove the tag behind the mapname, don't have the ressources to keep working anyways... yea... :)

So, gg, keep jumping, laters :3

Maggot

I thought as much for A11.
For that ledge one on purple starting further back is fine, but maybe shift the telespawn back a bit too to emphasize that rather than jumpers with less experience not backing up after failing and wasting a lot of time.

As I mentioned before about the lights, this is mostly on the newer courses but there's a couple of instances in the earlier ones but basically they not only need to have clip but also need to be illusionary.
This only matters if you really really want to make the map more cheat-proof since it means lots of work to fix :(

So, anyway here's one on D9:

D7:

Some on purple.

And not lights but a couple more random spots:

There might be more but I'm not sure and didn't screenshot them.

Random suggestion for that final door on purple. If it's complicated to parent a tele or something maybe you could use a similar teleport to C8 not attached to the door, it wouldn't have to move as fast as the door either if that's a problem, just disappear and reappear after a couple seconds. It would still be faster than walking to the normal telezone.

EDIT:

This jump also needs fixing because I was able to cheat it by jumping from platform to platform using the walls (the rest is illusionary but there is clip there so you can stand on it and shoot off the walls.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:32:53 AM by FiveEighths »

Maggot

hmmmm, yea, most of those i wont have to fix, tbh...

D7 shouldnt matter, as there should still be the nogrenade there, so even if you can stand there, you shouldnt be able to cheat it, and even if you are, if you get that high, its highly probable that you wouldve gotten all the way up, there is a really small window of rocket timing, where that cheat is actually relevant.

the first on purple i will probably fix, that one might actually bother me a bit, as you can reload when you got there, but: to get there youll have to reach the light in 4 rockets again... so you probably couldve gone through directly, too... hmmmm... mb i wont fix it... no idea yet, ill see i guess...

on second purple should be nogrenade, too, no? also the light is about the same hight as the ledge is, so its probably as easy to reach as just doing the jump... with that... doesnt matter again...

White 3 shouldn't matter as well, tbh...

the one on orange i left in - i thought about putting a secret there, but thought, that having to get the edgebug/lucky bounce speedshot on the platforms was too random to be able to consistently get there. I left it because: if people get there, all they need to do is fall down, and it happens once every green moon, so whatever.

to last: that actually annoyed me when i first saw it, and i immediately clipped that - i really like that jumps design, and the fact you can cheat it is stupid...

ty for the comment :)

keep em coming, if you find em, laters :)

Soldier

I have to mention D4 the Botton light is really too bright. you cant see where the Plattform is. my sugesstion would be changing the Position so that the Player doesnt have to directly see it.

Maggot

I have to mention D4 the Botton light is really too bright. you cant see where the Plattform is. my sugesstion would be changing the Position so that the Player doesnt have to directly see it.

hmmmm, figured something like that...
idk - it didn't bother me THAT much, but yea, its pretty annoying... i think i could just completely take it out, and try living from the upper one, and the ambience... i'll have to see about that... :)

but yea, sure, i'll change that if it bothers :)

ty for replying,
laters

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
I'm very happy that you didn't forget my request since the first version that you put on jumpit :}

Thanks very much  :D

Maggot

"Secret" Parts of the map question(s).

Other than that I can do the whole map now and will hope to get around to vidding it at some point but my mouse problems are a pain.

Also people seem to find "D" harder still than Orange or Purple, would switching the order of the cap points make more sense for that? Or would that be too strange / unnecessary.
Just seems like it should probably go Blue, Red, Green, Orange, Purple, White to better match the incremental difficulty.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:50:13 AM by FiveEighths »

Offline  Fishy
Maggot

Some kid
Can someone who is good at this game please make a video of how to do the new levels, I am constantly noclipping trying to find out how to do pretty much all of the levels, many of which I still have no idea how to do them...

They should be pretty straight forward... I didn't find any that I couldn't decipher within 5 attempts.  You should be able to figure it out within a minute or two. There aren't any that are a unique marvel or anything.  Orange course likes tele-doubles.

Thanks, Had another look keeping that in mind..

---------------------------
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Maggot

Purple.

Jump_4Starters_RC1 - Purple Complete

Maggot

Nice... but you walked right past the bonus at 0:42 ;)

Maggot

I've noticed a change in B2 also. It's much harder than it needs to be. I used to jump with some of my friends who don't jump so often, and they liked B because it was medium difficulty, but now they get stuck at the second, whereas it used to take them around 5 to 10 attempts. The map has also been running on TPN's jump server for a while and has gotten a few complaints about it being harder than before. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but my friends hate it.

EDIT: I played through the new bonus with a friend, and that was really fun. Well done. I'd love to see more of this kind of thing, maybe even a whole map devoted to it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 04:22:34 PM by Mac McNumpkin »

Maggot

B2 is fine as it is, there's several ways to accomplish it but it mostly involves placing the last rocket correctly. Not really noticed any of the other jumps becoming harder except B6 and maybe B7 (aside from the fact you can basically jump over it.)

Anyway I found a little thing on D3 (again) but this one could actually annoy some people who are stuck on the jump or have problems with it.

Basically you can bump your head on the edge where the light is because there's no clip there, it'll stop you completely and could probably irritate people who don't have the jump down.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC